Summer Sessions 2014 at NWS
on July 1, 2014 in
Summer got off to great start with some awesome artists coming through the studio in June. Highlights include…
* Guitarist/composer Bob Lanzetti of 2014 Grammy-winning group Snarky Puppy tracking guitar overdubs on his new album produced at NWS.
* Bassist/composer Jonathan Maron of Grammy-nominated band Groove Collective worked on songs for his genre-defying group with keyboardist Barney McAll and drummer Bill Campell called Trio Feral.
During the course of the album, I had the pleasure of tracking some “composed on the spot” vocals from Maron friend and Soul Coughing frontman Mike Doughty.
* Tracked electric and acoustic guitars, lap steel, banjo, organ, piano and vocals on Exit Stencil record label head Brandon Stevens’ debut album Bicentennial Blue.
* Textured guitar overdubs and vocals on four new Outside World songs.
* Pre-production and song writing sessions with Lee Farber and Zu Ralat.